September 8, 2009

Tue, Sep 8, 2009

My first Transfer -Temple Square 09/08/09

Life is good here…difficult at times and tiring but I’m pushing through… Keep sending the letters I love getting mail. I love your letters and just to know what’s going on and that you love me still. :D My P-day for 6 weeks at least is On Tuesday so you can expect to hear from me then. :D I can’t write any other day…One because I have little time and two it’s against the rule! Weather here is good getting a little colder. The rules here are pretty strict as far as dress goes – always a collard shirt and only black and brown shoes (if I go outbound then I can wear the other stuff. :D yay!) but for now I’m just trying to get situated…luckily I have collard shirts :D Soo…the other day on the way to work ha ha we were walking to the square and we talked to Elder L Tom Perry. Elder Perry is over the missionary department in SLC –he is one of the Twelve Apostles! He was just walking around that morning …so nice~ a perk of the job ha ha. So a little about where I live- We live right by the conference center…about ¼ block from the square –every morning we walk out the door and boom there it is…the temple in all of its glory! Crazy and great view ha ha. My companions name is Sister Nock she is from North Carolina – She is half Tongan and German. She is in her 10th transfer and I am starting my 1st :D youngin here. Life here is challenging very grueling schedule sometimes only 20 min. for a meal because an extra tour came up or we speak to everyone…I am on my feet from 9 -9 so sleep is lovely!! NEVER SEEMS ENOUGH :D This morning we went to an aerobics class that our roommate sister Osuna puts on – dance, kickboxing, aerobics stuff…sweet :D then ran up this giant hill back home. For us church is split up, we have sacrament on Sunday then relief society on Monday –because were always doing tours here…and not really any Sunday school we just have personal study or companion study for that!!! This work here is hard business….a lot to sacrifice and pain to go through – but my testimony of how real this church is, is amazing… I’ve seen and felt how much God loves me here and how much he knows me. But I’m glad that I’m on a mission and thank you for supporting me… I know that this church is true…the more that I have let down my walls it has blessed me…the more that I have prayed sincerely the more Heavenly Father answers my prayers…I love it….but its not perfection here but I’m growing and learning!!


P.S. Jessica is now receiving her mail at Temple Square. I don't have the physical address right now. You should be able to still write her at Dear Elder .com. Temple Square. The address will come soon. Thanks


0 Responses

Post a Comment