August 28, 2009

We started our visitor center training on Wednesday...its in the same building but we have two new teachers - sister Murphy and sister Andelin both are way cool - sister Murphy already told me I would go down in history with her...she really likes me apparently -said she could see how much I loved everyone and the light of Christ so strongly...I didn't believe her at first but that made my day. We are learning how to give tours and explain all of temple square :D its a lot of history and work but its amazing...what’s super awesome is the fact that at temple square there is no longer a set schedule for the days or tours you have to do...you just get to walk around and talk to people and take them all over the square so its more personal!!! AWESOME!! I am learning soooo much here!! On Tuesday we have Firesides (which is just a large meeting where someone awesome comes to speak). It was Elder Scott, he is one of the 12 apostles!!! IT was amazing...he talked about prayer and feelings of the holy ghost, and gave all missionaries an apostolic blessing for the gift of tongues and then for protection a shield from God...it was amazing and the spirit was so strong his stories were amazing, I wrote every word he said!! I've been spending 20 min. praying at night now its changed my outlook on life! I think that if you met me now you would be surprised how happy and full of life I am. It’s amazing, I didn't think it was possible in such a little time, but being here and learning sooo much has stretched me and made me sooo happy and seen how this Church really is true and beyond anything I could have every dreamed. Up in the visitor center training room there is a door next to it (with a key pad) only we know the combo to...and it has a mini visitor center in it so we can give tours!! There is also a big screen tv...because we HAVE to watch videos during our study time :D shucks ha ha but we have to study them at the same time!! But its fun. On Saturday we are going to Salt Lake to do a short 5 hr. learning session...were going to have a companion switch with a sister from temple square and then go out and teach with them for the first time...luckily that day we can return back to the mtc at night, to recoup but then we will know a bit more what to expect!!! We try spending as much time outside as possible studying or walking around...but the weather is often super random, really cloudy and cold in the morning but beautiful and sunny in afternoon but its beautiful and doesn't hurt that out of our 4th floor window we can see the mountains!!! Working out...I work out about 4 times a week, they give us gym time but it depends on our schedule but I'm sore from working out so hard...I've gained weight -its all muscle though :D ha ha.

0 Responses

Post a Comment