September 22, 2009
Well a little info/random stuff from temple square :D. Spider Veins : a problem that all Sister missionaries here on Temple square face eww…oh no and yes I’ve already started that experience, so oils are being used diligently in hopes they will not stay!! Aggg…. Ha ha it’s crazy…all the nylons and puller uppers and sucker inners we have to wear and standing for 12 hrs a day doesn’t help those ole spiders in my legs ha ha. Well the other night all the dishes were dirty …and so I was forced to eat my lovely Oriental flavored Ramen (that cost 18 cents @ wal-mart) on a plate…using a knife ha ha it was fun!! I’m really feeling like I’m in the jungle here!!! I’m wild. The other day…well last week The Mormon Tabernacle Choir recorded a new cd *applause* …not only that but Andrea Bocceli (blind Italian opera singer) came here to record in the Tabernacle with them!! Crazy…CD in stores sometime around Christmas…we’re guessing :D ha ha. (Andréa Bocceli sings “time to say goodbye” also showing at the Bellagio fountain Las Vegas LOL!) Its getting cold here in UT big surprise…So the last couple days its been scarf city and trying to stay warm…but I love it – for now ha ha. 69 Degrees here is the HIGH! INSANE. Here the Senior Couples are SOOOO freakin cute…I love them and getting to know their cute stories of how they met…they are super funny and one in particular Sister Estes…she always gives hugs! LOVE IT!
Story Time!!!!
Ok so yesterday was full of “Miracle Moments” 1st one occurred when we went to Subway (the best meal for a missionary) ohh and also Chicken salad sandwich at Nauvoo Café..ok I’m going to get one in 5 min now.. ha ha) I digress…So we walk in and there is this guy in a Cannibal Corpse shirt ( its disturbing to put it gently) so my companion comments on how scary the shirt is…and then we started chatting as we ordered our sandwiches…his name…Jason. He is a big guy half Tongan and had random tattoos all over and two earrings…appearances are nothing though…he was soo nice! We talked to him to find out that He had served a mission in Oklahoma City and that he used to be a member of the church but no longer was because his faith was tested and some bad things came up …he lost that faith…but through talking to him he knew a couple different places..like where Lompoc was, and Santa clause lane It was fun to talk to him…and just realize that he still had faith in the church….even though he practiced being a wicken today…It was great to talk to him and see that he was such a nice guy and that you can’t judge a book by its cover…it was a great experience!!
Another story was last night I was in the RC (referral Center) where we call people who want more information and talk to people who call in a request free info. So anywho one man that I talked to was actually calling in for Direct TV (there is one number different in the phone #) so we get a lot of those calls….Anywho this man from Arkansas Hugh-Don Robinson called and at first wasn’t interested in anything that I had to say but seemed nice…so I just kept talking to him to figure out what kind of a person he was …turns out after 10 min that he told me that his wife had passed away a year ago …that he was out in Arkansas by himself with his wives two cats and was all alone…feeding the Hummingbirds in the summer (450lbs. of sugar) and Black bear that came along every once and a while…so it was amazing, I found out that he is a truck driver…retired but works every once and a while and just the sweetest man with a southern accent!! So NICE.. he made my night …so I shared with him a little about life and Jesus Christ and how he knows exactly what we are going through, it was an amazing experience at one point I had tears in my eyes listening to how heart broken he was about loosing his wife…at the end of the conversation I invited him to talk to missionaries…not to convert him but to share a message that would give him comfort and he agreed!! He was so nice…it made my night…hopefully this story will give the slight justice to the reality of the situation…I loved that experience so great!! I’ll have to keep praying for people like him to call…makes it worth it here!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment