November 20, 2009
Well Life is going great here on the mission, It gets exhausting staring at a computer screen for so long each day, and teachings, and Loving everyone….But can I say…it’s amazing work!! To bring others closer to Jesus Christ, to know who HE is…not just some random guy who died, but Someone who is of PERSONAL importance to us all! And Heavenly Father, is not just “GOD” the ominous being all around, everywhere, that is a mystery….but HE loves us, and when we make that connection, that HE loves us…that is when prayer becomes real and sincere, because we are talking to our Literal Father in Heaven…He cares. It’s great to see the change people make in their lives for it all…that everyone has a desire to be better, the light of Christ is in EVERYONE and that is amazing!! We have had a rough week, we had an investigator, ready for baptism, and there was a big situation that took place, and it didn’t work out in the end….it was a very long, sad process…but in the end we had to put him in the hands of the bishop in the local ward. We have grown to love all of the people that we teach, even though it’s through email and over the phone, to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for them, even when people fall, and feel like they aren’t worth it…we love them more, not because we feel bad for them, but because they are our own brothers and sisters…from a loving Heavenly Father!! ALL is invested in this work, and it’s a draining time some days –constant prayer, agonizing in your brain what will happen, devastation if people are hurt or sad or don’t want to continue, crying, laughing etc.….but again…all worth it! It’s going great here! And I’m working to be a better missionary every day, we are all weak but Heavenly Father gave us weaknesses so that we may be stronger as we turn to Him for Help!! : )
You know I have a feeling I may be with Sister Mondaca again this next transfer (which we find out Monday!!) and transfer day is Wednesday….it’s crazy! I’m going to be in my 3rd transfer!! And after this next transfer I will have been here 6 months about…so it’s going by super fast!!!!!! I’ll have one year left, after this next transfer ha ha its insanity!!! The holiday’s are coming up, how insane is that!! We will be having a mission dinner it seems, and then getting off “work” at 5 pm instead of 9pm so it’s a nice break for that Holiday time!! Life here has been fun, full of ups and downs here…but it’s such an amazing learning experience, I feel like you won’t recognize me when I get home….who are we kidding, at the end of the day I’m still me just a better version and I love that!! I feel like I’ve had a lot of experience and time to grow, and learn things that I wouldn’t normally learn in (Life) but this is life, this is real, and I love the work…I am learning stories more and more about the Bible and Book of Mormon…there is never a point that we can stop progressing, so it’s amazing! I’ve realized that at the end of the day all I can do is change myself, not others…and the purpose of being on a mission is not to change others, or force them to “convert” but it’s their own choice….we are just mere guides along this journey…it’s something that is between us and Heavenly Father, our feelings in our heart and mind….not anyone else.
0 Responses

Post a Comment