November 13, 2009
Sister Cheta, she is from Argentina, she always calls me Mom ha ha…she is so sweet, and we have a great time together. I always try to take care of the roommates with food and dinner so that we can spend time together… It’s a lot of fun, and we enjoy our time together.
I have some amazing news from just today, a couple hours ago in fact- we talked to this man…well he just turned 18 yesterday!! And he was asking if there was really a God, and he has the most sincere and sweet heart that I can even describe….over the course of the conversation we shared with him about prayer….about how much Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us, individually, that we are ALL children of a loving Heavenly Father, and that there is a plan for us…so that we can know our eternal purpose as well as here on earth…and it was such a spiritual experience. The situation went from him questioning if there was a God to being able to FEEL the truth and a difference, the prayer that we shared at the beginning of our talk with him, was one of the first prayers that he had been a part of in his life. He said it felt so right, we asked him to pray that night and in the morning to know if the things that we were sharing were true…..we talked to him this morning, and he said HE FELT that it was true, that he wants to know more, that he hungers for the words that we were sharing, it is amazing! We then asked if he continues to have those feelings, if he would be baptized, and he said YES!!! He said, “I don’t even know what baptism completely is, but I know that I want it” so we explained more, and set a date for him to be baptized!! DECEMBER 5th 2009….That is his goal, and we are so excited to get him to that point, at the end of the day – we aren’t doing anything, it is a personal conversion, a personal prayer and readiness that it takes to be able to listen to the words which we speak. At the end of the day it’s their choice, our choice, ONE Persons choice to choose whether they listen or not, we can't force it on no one….we are mere guides on the journey to follow Heavenly Father, and wow, what an experience that has been. We will continue to meet with him over the next 3 weeks and teach more so that we can continue down this path together, it’s amazing!!
We have learned so much this week, we had a CHAT meeting with the mission president and he talked to us regarding all of the things that we need to do in order to become better teachers…..and after that talk, all of us had a new perspective of the “work” which we were doing, it is such a blessing to have a Mission President who wants to be the best in the world, and us to be the BEST Missionaries in the World as well…..I know that he is chosen by God, that he is an inspired man, and it’s wonderful to hear his words.
We have been soo busy, we have high goals to reach, and want to be productive teachers…so we are studying and learning and researching, it’s an amazing thing to be able to be here and learn so much!! I have never felt so right about anything in my life….and its great, because when I have doubts or questions I’ve tried to find out the reason or purpose behind it, and I find answers all the time…it makes more and more sense as I study. Its sooo great!!!!

I feel like time has been so slow, but flying by all at once, it’s a weird feeling…we’ve been working so hard that P-day seems to happen then I blink and here it is again…its always such a short day, we have so much to do and so little time! At the end of this next transfer I’ll have 1 year left…and its gonna fly… : ) I’m at my 3 and a half almost mark…its slow but fast all at once!!
0 Responses

Post a Comment