October 13, 2009
Ok so I’m writing today with news of the transfer…so I am changing companions my new companion is Sister Mondoca (still not sure of spelling) from California. She is super cute!! We are actually moving to what is known as “GP” the houses that are not far from the apartments that everyone else lives at…in “DA”…which is where I am currently living –DA 204 so I’m moving up the hill to a house :D should be a fun experience!! So today is moving day…or otherwise known as utter chaos day here on Temple Square...ha ha…. We are going to be in “Cover Zone” under the district of CHAT……..this is a new amazing thing that President Holmes actually just made possible this transfer that a couple pairs of sisters are going to be able to start working on!!! It’s so cool, the concept behind it is we are chatting with people who are interested in learning more about the church, we teach them lessons if they would like, up to the point that they get baptized!! So we have the opportunity as sisters on Temple Square to baptize people….it is just starting out here but I’m sooooo excited to see what happens! I know it will be amazing! Hmm…what else…oh my P-day is changing…I think it will be Friday but I’ll know again sometime this week :D so I get 2 p-days this week (well this one is for moving…not really relaxing so its good) So I’ll let you know officially if its Thursday or Friday!! Umm…we had Transfer conference Monday morning and we met at 7:30am…everyone was there….and it was for the sisters who are going outbound this transfer……crazy!!! So the theme for this Conference was “Yankee’s Stadium!!” We sang …take me out to the ballgame…and then as the names of the sisters were called who were going outbound they put on a t-shirt with a Yankee’s logo on it!! And then had a little baseball game inside it was cute :D then at the end everyone took turns (who was going outbound) standing on a big box ripping open their call and yelling where they were called too!!!! It was sad and happy, a lot of tears and cameras every where!! This mission changes the most out of anywhere….every 6 weeks there is something different…new sisters, old sisters returning, sisters going outbound…etc. and even within that there are new tasks…new companions…new apartments and that’s all I can think of right now…ha ha….So its crazy but fun!!! Life here is getting better as time goes on, as far as learning things goes! Thank goodness 1st transfer is over ha ha…everyone says it’s the hardest because you have to learn soooo much new stuff that it’s overwhelming!! But I can see from the short 6 weeks I have been at Temple Square that the changes that are being made are amazing and the mission is growing and wants to be run at its top potential!! President Holmes wants the mission to be up to full capacity at 204 sisters –that includes on the square and outbound…so the mission is gearing up for some big things to happen, and just to be able to do things at top potential and use everyone! It’s such a blessing, so amazing!! I love the Mission President and his Wife soooo great :D!! So today is moving day….I have a lot to move…but shouldn’t take too long, I hope…nothing like loading all of your belongings in to these giant grocery carts and hauling it up a hill to your house….that image is just hilarious to me, and I’m sure that the reality of it will be even more amusing…maybe pictures will come from it…who knows!
0 Responses

Post a Comment