A story back in October
On the way to the South Visitor Center there were 3 ladies looking a bit lost so we stopped to talk with them, they were asking about the Tabernacle and if the could go in, we said "yes of course and we can take you in," so we did! They were preparing for The Nashville Tribute Band to come in that night playing with lighting and sound. (If you get the chance please look up the song "Tribute to Joseph Smith" by Nashville Tribute.) I had a chance to talk to there 3 women to find out their story. One woman- who was asking about the Tabernacle- she is a member of the church and she had met these two other ladies while camping @ Zion's they were tent neighbors. They started talking and found out that these two ladies were from Switzerland and the member lady (Terry, for stories sake) she had many family member from there and had even traveled there with her husband, They made quick friends and so Terry invited them to come to Temple Square when they got up to Salt Lake, they all agreed. So the two ladies, Elizabeth and Evelyn were from Switzerland, Elizabeth spoke a mix between English and French. Evelyn Spoke only French. We walked into the Tabernacle and I shared only a little history of the building as simple as I could put, having a couple times to try and explain differently but here was the amazing part, after I told Elizabeth about the Pioneers and how hard they worked on traveling 1300 miles carrying very little with them even losing their family members. She says this, "I can feel something different when I came here, it gives me...."(she shakes her body)-I say "chills"- "yes" she says, there is something you can feel in your heart, amazing that they worked so hard." *at the point in my head I'm so overjoyed to hear her say aloud what so many people feel when they come to Temple Square but do not realize right away or at least vocalize like she did! So great, then we continued to chat, at this point waiting for a French tour to come so Evelyn could understand...but she (Elizabeth) asked about the Organ -11,623 pipes 122 original carried from Australia, hard work put into everything all because of the Book of Mormon explained that Book of Mormon goes with the Bible to testify of Jesus Christ and that's why the pioneers traveled so far and sacrificed so much. Because the really believed! She stopped looked at me and said, "your..(motioning for something of feeling, a word to describe what she felt) I said, "like my testimony." She said "yes" and again searching for another word to complete her thought. She pulled out here English/French Dictionary after a few moments of thumbing the pages she says with excitement "STRONG!" Your Testimony is strong, I can tell you believe these things in your heart and in your head equally. Both are important, a balance." Wow that just floored me, to see this woman seeing and expressing just how I felt was crazy! The other Sisters came for the French tour, but that was a wonderful experience indeed! Made me smile. Moments like those make the hard times worth it!
0 Responses

Post a Comment